Accounting for foreign currency loss?

    CFO BD

Do i need to charge the loss on translation of foreign currency loan to income statement and how it could be reported in cash flow statement?



Yes. You have to charge the loss to income statement. DR Forex loss (I/S) Cr AP(loan) (B/S) There is no effect on cash flow.

Answer this Question

Please signup/login first for asking a question or giving a comment.